One of the RiseBoro's original service components, RiseBoro Education is one of our longest standing and most comprehensive units. Our mission is to provide programs that offer a holistic approach to help families thrive. Many of our youth and educational services are housed at the RiseBoro Youth Center, the first such center in our community.
Opened in 2004 and expanded in 2011, the Youth Center facilities include:
- A full sized gymnasium with a regulation-sized basketball court
- A fitness room and dance room
- A technology room
- An auditorium that seats 300
- An art room with photography darkroom
- Twenty-one classrooms that host a variety of educational programming for community youth and classes for adults
- A multi-purpose room to hold meetings and events
Evening and Weekend Recreational Program
This program facilitates the operation of the RiseBoro Youth Center during the evening and weekend hours.
Funding allows us to provide recreational programming including basketball, volleyball and fitness classes; photography classes where students learn black and white film skills including 35 mm camera techniques, processing, test strips, contact sheets and negative enlargement; and dance instruction.
This program is funded through the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development.