RiseBoro's Workforce Developoment programs helps youth and adults to gain valuable information and guidance to help them start or advance their careers.
The Level Up! Workforce Development Center connects community residents with meaningful work opportunities and provides pre- and post-placement support services to help participants advance their careers over time. Level Up! offers services in an inspiring, flexible space for members to work on career goals while facilitating learning, goal attainment, and peer mentorship.
What We Do
- Career planning with the support of a career counselor
- Basic job readiness workshops that cover resume and interview preparation, as well as other on-the-job skills
- Career planning and on-going support
- Access to credential/vocational programs for select career pathways
- Referrals to partner workforce programs for career pathways not offered by Level Up!
- Financial assistance to support members as they attain key documentation and credentials
- Referrals to other support services identified by the career counselor
- Direct job placement
Works Plus-Youth Workforce Program
Through the Department of Probation, RiseBoro offers the Works Plus program to Bed-Stuy youth, which aims to connect local youth with meaningful workforce and educational opportunities to advance their career prospects and enhance their economic well-being. To participate, you must be between 16-24 years old, and you must live in the 81st Precinct.
What We Do
- Basic Job + Life Skills Training
- Career Planning
- Enrollment in High School Equivalency and ESL courses
- Resume Help/Interview Practice
- Referrals to vocational training programs
- College preparation
- Group and individual mentoring