Wellness Rising offers both individual and group services.
Each member receives personalized services provided by our team of community health workers and a resident nurse, including the following:
- One-on-One Health Assessments & Health Action Plan
- Asthma Home Assessments via Zoom or Onsite
- Referrals to Health Care Providers and Relevant Social Services, such as SNAP Enrollment
- Free Preventative Screenings
- Assistance Enrolling in Relevant Social Services, such as SNAP Enrollment
- Guidance on Self-Management of Chronic Illness and Medication Adherence
- Engaging Cooking, Nutrition, and Health Classes
- Guest Speakers
- Group Yoga and Strength Training Classes
RiseBoro’s’ food Pantry provides food for the community free of charge. Community members can stop by the Wellness Rising office located at 518 Bushwick Avenue during pantry hours and receive a bag of fresh produce that is meant to feed a family of four for a week. No ID is required. For pantry hours or questions please call (917) 810-3156. Se habla Español
Asthma is a chronic lung disease that affects millions of individuals throughout the world.
According to the CDC asthma affects over 24million, and whom over 5 million are children https://www.cdc.gov/asthma/most_recent_national_asthma_data.htm
Asthma affects everyone differently, so if you are an asthma sufferer chances are that what affects you may not necessarily affect another, these are called triggers. Here at our asthma program, we educate, empower and help you stay in control of your asthma so that you can live a normal life. There are new methods being used to treat the symptoms of asthma and have shown to improve the life of so many people, let’s face it, it’s not fun if you can’t breathe. Our program offers the following;
- Identifying your medications
- Use of devices such as inhalers, nebulizers, peak flow and spacers (aero-chambers)
- Identifying triggers and finding the one that affects you,
- breathing techniques,
- Virtual home visit,
- Finding a pulmonologist in your area
- Asthma Action Plan
- Knowing your asthma control score (ACT)
You are not alone we are here to help you.
Cooking Class: Wellness Rising cooking classes are bilingual English/Spanish classes that occur once a week via zoom and in person. The class teaches basic kitchen fundamentals and how to create dishes using the food that you already have in your home. Most recipes are a healthy spin on dishes we all love and enjoy. The class is great for anyone with a chronic condition such as diabetes or hypertension. All the dishes you will learn to make are healthy, delicious and affordable. For more information call (917) 810-3156.
Community Health Workers-Nursing Assistance
Wellness Rising offers weekly health talks in English and Spanish as well as a weekly cooking class. We also offer the CDC- approved Diabetes Prevention Program. Our Community Health workers/RN team provide health education for chronic disease management as well as practical assistance in accessing medical care and insurance coverage. Our concept of health is broad as we assist clients in many areas of need that impact health outcomes, (social determinants of health).” Feel free to contact us if you have questions concerning your health.