We are committed to advancing and practicing racial equity. We strive to reconcile the history of institutional racism within RiseBoro and the communities we serve, with our vision for an equitable and just society.
We seek an equitable and just society by:
- disrupting legacies of silence and white supremacist practices, policies and procedures.
- dedicating RiseBoro’s financial and other resources to invest in the leadership, mentorship, professional development, economic justice and representative power of all RiseBoro staff.
- committing to educate ourselves about racial equity and developing a shared language and commitment to open dialogue on racial equity and intersectionality in our community.
- collaborating with community members most impacted by our work (inside and outside of RiseBoro)
to include their voices in decision-making and program design.
- developing targeted and innovative social justice initiatives and developing culturally responsive interventions to promote equity and empowerment in underserved communities.