The Atrium at Sumner
Description: The Atrium at Sumner is a new construction project of 100% affordable housing for older adults. The building stands in the NYCHA Sumner Houses development as a valuable resource for the current and future community. The project generated funds for NYCHA to make improvements on existing buildings.
The project includes:
- 190 new deeply affordable homes for older adults
- 100% of apartments reserved for low-income older adults (age 62+)
- 25% of NYC Housing Lottery units for current NYCHA residents
- Set-asides for mobility/visually/hearing impaired and unhoused folks
- Wellness programs and social services for residents
- A Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) Center
- Energy-efficient design by world-class architect Studio Libeskind
- An indoor atrium featuring accessible green space for residents
Now Leasing! Visit Housing Connect to apply!
Neighborhood: Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
Number of Units: 190
Status: Now Leasing! Visit https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/ to apply!